[MPlayer-users] avi to vcd frame rate problems

emaillist+mpu at dogphilosophy.net emaillist+mpu at dogphilosophy.net
Sat Oct 5 01:12:02 CEST 2002

Perhaps this ought to be a FAQ if it's not already?  (I don't
recall seeing it...).  Perhaps in the 'encoding' section?

mencoder has a really simple and spiffy way of doing this:

mencoder -ofps 25.000 -oac copy -ovc copy -o new_frame_rate.avi
old_framerate.avi

Then use new_frame_rate.avi as the input for generating the mpeg1 file.

Quite honestly, this frame rate conversion feature is one of the spiffiest
tricks I've run into in mplayer/mencoder, especially considering nobody
else seems to do it at the moment (transcode/ffmpeg/etc.)

FEATURE REQUEST - Any chance of getting the -ofps feature implemented
in mplayer?  That's save the 'transcode' step, and mencvcd (or home-brew
scripts) could generate NTSC/NTSC FILM/PAL VCD/SVCD correctly from any input
with a combination of -ofps and -vop scale...