[MPlayer-users] Problems with VCD creates by mencvcd on DVD (hardware) player

Juergen Hammelmann juergen.hammelmann at gmx.de
Wed Oct 9 20:46:02 CEST 2002

Am Dienstag, 8. Oktober 2002 13:25 schrieb Rainer Krienke:
> Hello,
>
> I lately tried to use the mencvcd script to rip a VOB-File from a DVD to a
> VCD or SVCD. I am running mplyer 0.90.pre8.
>
> I used  the command
>
> 		mencvcd myvideo  -dvd 3
>
> Basically everything went just fine. The Data was even burned on  my cd
> writer (wonderful script by the way). I also can play this freshly burned
> CD with mplayer -vcd 1. This also works fine.
>
> However what's not working is to play this VCD oder SVCD on my hardware
> DVD-player. The manufacturer (Himage) says its compatible with both. It
> loads the CD and says it recocnized a VCD oder SVCD but then it does not
> play correctly. Its more like a slide show of single picture with annoying
> colored rectanfgles spred across the screen. Even the sound is kind of
> quirky, but for small moments its ok. Playing the riipped SVCD its still
> worse: I can only hear the sound (which is not really OK) but there is no
> picture. Unfortunately I do not have another VCD to test my hardware DVD
> player.
Hi Rainier,

perhaps a firmware upgrade of your player can help you, my player, a hiteker
he 1200, runs all svcd's and vcd's fine.

Ciao, Jürgen

--
Eeny, Meeny, Jelly Beanie, the spirits are about to speak!
		-- Bullwinkle Moose

system:  8:15pm  up 7 days,  1:57,  2 users,  load average: 0.50, 0.19, 0.06
--
email:  juergen.hammelmann at gmx.de            | Dipl.-Inf. Juergen Hammelmann,
mobile: +49-7034-259041, +49-179-2178869     | Bruehlstr. 6,