[MPlayer-users] Problems with VCD creates by mencvcd on DVD (hardware) player

Rainer Krienke krienke at uni-koblenz.de
Tue Oct 8 13:54:02 CEST 2002

Hello,

I lately tried to use the mencvcd script to rip a VOB-File from a DVD to a VCD
or SVCD. I am running mplyer 0.90.pre8.

I used  the command

		mencvcd myvideo  -dvd 3

Basically everything went just fine. The Data was even burned on  my cd writer
(wonderful script by the way). I also can play this freshly burned CD with
mplayer -vcd 1. This also works fine.

However what's not working is to play this VCD oder SVCD on my hardware
DVD-player. The manufacturer (Himage) says its compatible with both. It loads
the CD and says it recocnized a VCD oder SVCD but then it does not play
correctly. Its more like a slide show of single picture with annoying colored
rectanfgles spred across the screen. Even the sound is kind of quirky, but
for small moments its ok. Playing the riipped SVCD its still worse: I can
only hear the sound (which is not really OK) but there is no picture.
Unfortunately I do not have another VCD to test my hardware DVD player.

Did anyone have similar  experiences or does anyone know what might go wrong,
what additional parameters for mencvcd might solve the problem?

Thanks a lot
Rainer
Rainer Krienke, Universitaet Koblenz, Rechenzentrum
Universitaetsstrasse 1, 56070 Koblenz, Tel: +49 261287 -1312, Fax: -1001312
Mail: krienke at uni-koblenz.de, Web: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke
Get my public PGP key: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke/mypgp.html