[MPlayer-users] A-V sync. (File encoded with mencoder)

Olivier Warin wasto1234567 at yahoo.de
Sun Oct 13 14:50:03 CEST 2002

Hi everybody!
I have a little Problem with encoding divx4 videos.
I encoded for example a dvd track like that:
"mencoder -dvd 1  -vop scale=352:288 -alang en  -ovc divx4 -divx4opts br=1200
-oac mp3lame  -o divx.avi"
So this worked fine. I could watch it with mplayer and everything seemed to be
fine.
But i wanted to put it on my mp3-player, wich can also handle divx4 movies
(cool thing ;)). Idid that and treid it out. The result: Audio was always a
little behind the video (about 1 or 2 seconds).

So I converted it with transcode and then it worked fine. (the exact command
was: "transcode -i divx.avi -x mplayer -V -j 16,0  -s 4.47 -Z 352x288 -o
transcode-divx.avi  -y divx4 -w 1200"

But i don't wonna rip all my dvd like that because it takes very much time on
my machine.

So i did concluse that it must have something to do with mencoder. I've tried
diffrent bitrates. and many options in -lameopts and -divx4opts. i also tried
the -voc lavc etc. but the result was always the same.
i read the documentation surely 5 times completely but i never found the right
option.

so can someone please help me?

THX

Greatings, Oli

PS. Sorry about my bad english

Yahoo! präsentiert als offizieller Sponsor das Fußball-Highlight des
Jahres: - http://www.FIFAworldcup.com