[MPlayer-users] A-V sync. (File encoded with mencoder)

martin pavon martin_199ar at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Oct 13 18:56:02 CEST 2002

 --- Olivier Warin <wasto at gmx.ch> escribió: > [Automatic answer: RTFM
(read DOCS, FAQ), also read
> DOCS/bugreports.html]
> Hi everybody!
> I have a little Problem with encoding divx4 videos.
> I encoded for example a dvd track like that:
> "mencoder -dvd 1  -vop scale=352:288 -alang en  -ovc divx4 -divx4opts
> br=1200
> -oac mp3lame  -o divx.avi"
> So this worked fine. I could watch it with mplayer and everything seemed
> to be
> fine.
> But i wanted to put it on my mp3-player, wich can also handle divx4
> movies
> (cool thing ;)). Idid that and treid it out. The result: Audio was
> always a
> little behind the video (about 1 or 2 seconds).
>
> So I converted it with transcode and then it worked fine. (the exact
> command
> was: "transcode -i divx.avi -x mplayer -V -j 16,0  -s 4.47 -Z 352x288 -o
>
> transcode-divx.avi  -y divx4 -w 1200"
>
> But i don't wonna rip all my dvd like that because it takes very much
> time on
> my machine.
>
> So i did concluse that it must have something to do with mencoder. I've
> tried
> diffrent bitrates. and many options in -lameopts and -divx4opts. i also
> tried
>
> so can someone please help me?

Hi !!!!

May this isn't a mencoder problem buta mp3-player problem or, at least a
lost feature.

Since this is a audio problem, is a pitty you don't send us the options
you tried. Any way (I'm only a normal user, no an expert, so all the
following may be wrong) perhaps the problem is that you encode the audio
 with variable bitrate  (i think this is the default  since man page says
                 vbr=<0-4>           variable bitrate method
                                        0: cbr
                                        1: mt
                                        2: rh(default)
                                        3: abr
                                        4: mtrh

and you mp3-player can't deal with this (but mplayer can!! then the
play is fine with mplayer). In this case, try with constant bitrate
(which is the transcode way):

                  -lameopts cbr:br=128

May be it works.

I hope this help you. Regards,