[MPlayer-users] DVD Playback problems (lots of info provided...)

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Tue Oct 15 15:22:02 CEST 2002

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 23:01:49 -0700
Phil Dibowitz <phil at ipom.com> wrote:

> With CVS I'm having MORE problems. If I use -ao oss then Mplayer tells
> me it can't open the audio device.

Blocked by an other program ? arts ? esd ? RTFM (afaik this is in the FAQ)

> I tried all of this with various combinations of -ni -mc 0 and
> -forceidx. I also tried all of this with no -vo option.

-ni and -*idx are not for dvds (they are thought mostly for avis)
and i dont think you need -mc 0 for dvd either (if it's not
a really bad mastered dvd)

> All my information is below, as detailed in the bugreports.html
> documentation I've also included mplayer_alsa9.log, mplayer_oss.log, and
> mplayer_sdl.log which are the outputs of mplayer using the respective
> audio options. Latly config.h config.mak and libvo/config.mak are
> attached (they're text and it seemed this was OK from bugreport.html).

Wow! A complete bugreport! :-)

	Attila Kinlai

--
It must have been some unmarried fool that said "A child can ask questions
that a wise man cannot answer"; because, in any decent house, a brat that