[MPlayer-users] Re: Split an Mencoder Divx with vbr mp3 audio

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Tue Oct 15 18:45:02 CEST 2002

> >to watch ogm files... that's all, after that you can normally watch ogm
> >.files in mplayer2 ( or wmplayer )   ( if you want to watch
> >subtitles-in-ogm, then you need a second codec )
>
> Is mplayer2 a Winders port of MPlayer?? I couldn't find a version of
MPlayer
> that would compile on Winders, but I'd like to.
Seems like you haven't looked close enough.
mplayer is compilable on windows using the cygwin [0] environment.
You should probably first install directx headers [1] to get videooutput
with
-vo directx. SDL might also help but not required.

Sascha Sommer

[0] http://www.cygwin.com/
[1] http://www.videolan.org/vlc/dx7headers.tgz

P.S. mplayer2 is an earlier version of windows media player which doesn't
support
skins and other cpu consuming features