[MPlayer-users] Re: Split an Mencoder Divx with vbr mp3 audio

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Tue Oct 15 21:53:02 CEST 2002

> > But the first question is, what's MPlayer's performance and CPU usage
under
> > Cygwin? Can anyone out there running it provide this? If it's not better
> > than Linux on the same hardware, then I wouldn't need it.
If you have linux and your card supports xv or vidix you definitly don't
need
it. Anyway it isn't worth the effort to install windows...

> i'm 99% that mplayer will perform slower on windows than on linux.... it
> was created/optimized for linux.... maybe after some time it will be
> as-fast-on-windows-as-it-is-on-linux...
Time is over ;)
No really, it mostly depends on graphics card. For me it is faster
because I can use hardware scaling and colorspace conversion
capabilities of my card which aren't supported by linux driver.
But for 90% of cards this  is supported on linux, too.
Anyway the windows port isn't ready to use, yet. Just experimental

Sascha Sommer