[MPlayer-users] Audio sync using divx4

Bradley Alexander storm at tux.org
Thu Oct 17 04:00:03 CEST 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 20:59, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > mencoder in.avi -ovc frameno -oac mp3lame -lameopts \
> > br=128:vbr=3:mode=0 -o frameno.avi
> >
> > mencoder in.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts
> > vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=${bitrate}:vhq:vqmin=1:vqmax=31:vpass=1 -npp lb
> > -oac copy -o out.avi
>
> -npp without -vop pp has no effect

I have found very little information on -vop, other than its use in
rescaling frames. I'm not necessarily looking to resize, the -npp lb was
simply to deinterlace so I don't get the "streaking" effect during
movement on images taken from television. I looked on the mailing list,
the web page and can't find anything. If I'm overlooking it, please for
a link?

> > I tried recoding it changing the mode to cbr in the frameno extraction,
> > and still no soup.
>
> did you try to encode in 1/2 pass? (without separated audio encoding)

I have in the past, but not today. It makes it much more hit-or-miss
getting it the right size to fit on a CD.

> what about with option -nobps ? (different avi a-v sync method)

I wasn't aware of the difference. I will try this.

> > have read the docs several times, but I can't find anything that has
> > pointed me to a solution. The only thing I can determine is that this
> > process last worked in 0.90pre5. Can someone please show me where I'm
> > going wrong?
>
> you should try finding the exact date when it gone wrong

Due to the nature of my recordings (record-postprocess-burn to CD-delete
from HD), I don't have an exact date. However, I downloaded and
installed pre6 the day it was released or the day after. This would have
been approximately 2002.08.06.

--
--Brad
Bradley M. Alexander                |   storm [at] debian.org