[MPlayer-users] Audio sync using divx4

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Thu Oct 17 15:06:02 CEST 2002

>>-npp without -vop pp has no effect
>

> I have found very little information on -vop, other than its use in
> rescaling frames. I'm not necessarily looking to resize, the -npp lb was
> simply to deinterlace so I don't get the "streaking" effect during
> movement on images taken from television. I looked on the mailing list,
> the web page and can't find anything. If I'm overlooking it, please for
> a link?

 From the manpage:
-npp only controls the external postprocess filter, and you HAVE TO load
it manually by -vop pp  (Usage:  -vop pp -npp <options>), it is not
auto-loaded!

Strangely enough, however, I've found -npp lb to be exempt from this
qualification, at least as far as DVD and DivX playback are concerned.
I'd be interested in knowing why, though...

>>you should try finding the exact date when it gone wrong
>

> Due to the nature of my recordings (record-postprocess-burn to CD-delete
> from HD), I don't have an exact date. However, I downloaded and
> installed pre6 the day it was released or the day after. This would have
> been approximately 2002.08.06.

I think he means use the CVS snapshots at
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/cvs/ to find the exact day a change was
made to the sources that causes your problem. I.e., downgrade to pre-5
and make sure you can do what you used to, then try the snapshot halfway
between pre-5 and -6, then continue "halfway-bouncing" until you find
the earliest snapshot that doesn't work right.

Alternatively, you can try pre-8 or the latest CVS... With mplayer,
anything older than yesterday is obsolete. ;-)

-Corey