[MPlayer-users] TNT2 video card

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Tue Oct 22 10:41:02 CEST 2002

On Tuesday, 22 October 2002, Gerardo Braica wrote:
> I've installed in my system mplayer and when I've read the README file
> I've noticed that the TNT2 video card it's not supported by the
> aplication.

Huh? Quote, please. All I see is:
      2.3.1.2.3 nVidia cards

   nVidia isn't a very good choice under Linux (according to nVidia, this is
   not true).. You'll have to use the binary closed-source nVidia driver,
   available at nVidia's web site. The standard XFree86 driver doesn't
   support XVideo for these cards, due to nVidia's closed
   sources/specifications.

   As far as I know the latest XFree86 driver contains XVideo support for
   GeForce 2 and 3.

   Riva128 cards don't have XVideo support even with the nVidia driver :(
   Complain to nVidia.

> But after doing some settings it works perfectly.
> My linux distribution is Slackware 8.1 with XFre86 4.2.0 and I've
> downloaded and installed the NVIDIA driver.
> Then in the .mplayer/gui.conf I've change the vo_driver to "gl2".
> That's all, I hope that this "tip" could be usefull for somebody.

Not at all. Binary nVidia drivers support XVideo for all cards above and
including TNT.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/