mms:// radio crashes / was: Re: [MPlayer-users] divxa32.acm segfault (NOT a bugreport)

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Oct 22 18:14:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > incompatibility of the mms server and mplayer's mms client implementation.
> > as the mms:// code is unmaintained (it was ported from xine(??) once long
> > time ago, and never worked properly).
> > the crash is happening in the asf demuxer, due to seriously broken stream.
> >
> > as no one of us is familiar with teh mms:// protocol 9actually it's a secret
> > - reverse engineered by some volunteers buti've never seen any docs, just
> > the asfrecorder code).
> >
> > maybe try to download teh stream using asfrecorder, and check if the
> > resulting file is playable with mplayer. if it is, then we have some chance
> > to fix it (by comparing mplayer and asfrecorder code).
>
> Does that mean that what mplayer -dumpstream dumps is already broken? I thought
yes.
also noticed, that these streams has lots of zeros or repeating shit - not
normal in a valid stream. i'm pretty sur ethe bug is somwehere in teh mms://
streaming code.

> that the mms part is ok since dumpstream works... and that the codec is broken
there are no error checks in the current mms:// code at all - so it will
dump shit even if nothing to dump.

> since it segfaults even when I play the dumped stream.... :-/
yes, and not only mplayer crashes, try with avifile or xine or whatever
and running with -v -v you'll see many stream errors reported before it
crash on an unrecoverable error.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team