[MPlayer-users] How to set subtitles position with -vo x11

Robert R. Wal rrw at hell.pl
Tue Oct 22 18:18:02 CEST 2002

On 02.10.22 Zdenek Pizl pressed the following keys:

> > > Try harder, it works.
> > > I've just played movie 640x272 (2.35:1) with
> > > -vo x11 -vop expand=640:480:0:104:1
> >
> > You are right, it works. Not with your numbers - they caused
> > Segmentation fault, because my movie had 560x250, not 640x272. But
> > different numbers worked quite well.
>
> fine, and what about some automagic style. Or is it mandatory to know
> width&height of each movie to manage it out ?? It  is  b o r i n g ...

Hard or next to impossible.

The only thing that comes to mind is fullblown language for
configuration with hooks in playtree.

The need for such a language comes to my mind every time I type those
same dull -vop filters every time I play some category of movies on my
dxr3[1]. I even have a good candidate: Lua[2].

But as everything in mplayer is written by someone who needs it, someone
would have to sit down and add it to mplayer. Don't count on me ;)

Robert

[1] like my set of rules for playing via dxr3 on TV:
 - if movie is not mpeg, use lavc
 - if x size is less then 400, scale to 480, use noise=5t
 - if movie is 2.35:1 then crop it to 16:9
 - if movie is not 4:3 then expand it to 4:3 in order to draw subtitles
   below the picture etc
[2] extremelly small, higly portable and fast embedable language used
 by many game programmers and embedded systems' developers
 <http://www.lua.org/>; typical instalation of lua takes ~150KB.

--
Bastard Operator From 149.156.96.35