[MPlayer-users] xv gives blue screen

Denis Leroy denisleroy at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 24 02:47:02 CEST 2002

I'm not sure then. I've had this problem before with a
graphics chip that has multiple outputs (e.g. laptops
that have LCD and S-Video outputs). Hardware
acceleration is sometimes only enabled for one of
those outputs, but not both. The easy fix is to add an
extra option in XF86Config-4 to change that setting,
but the option is driver dependant. You may want to
look at the documentation for your particular XFree86
driver :

  http://www.xfree86.org/4.2.0/i810.html

it says there it doesn't support 32 bit pixels, for
example.