[MPlayer-users] (x)mga and xineramascreen 1?

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Sat Oct 26 17:47:02 CEST 2002

How do I get mga or xmga to display on
the second screen (TV) on my Matrox G400 MAX card?

I have:

RedHat 8.0
Matrox mga drivers
Dual head is set up:
I get 1600x1200 on my main screen,
and 640x480 on my TV.

mplayer CVS 20021026

Compiled and installed mga_vid. It recognizes
the 32Mbytes video.

mplayer -xineramascreen 0 -vo xmga file.avi
- works correct: video on main screen

mplayer -xineramascreen 1 -vo x11 file.avi
- works correct: video on TV

mplayer -xineramascreen 1 -vo xv file.avi
- as expected, doesn't work: second head doesn't support xv
I just get a black rectangle on the TV

mplayer -xineramascreen 1 -vo xmga file.avi
- doesn't work, I get a magenta rectangle
on the TV

mplayer -xineramascreen 0 -vo mga file.avi
- works OK under X, I get video on main screen
in the upper, left corner.

mplayer -xineramascreen 1 -vo mga file.avi
- wrong: the video is displayed on the main screen

How do I get xmga to work on the second head?

I only have a 450 MHz Pentium-II, so -vo x11
is a bit slow. The machine is fast enough
for -vo xmga.

Another problem:

The video is 640x350. If I do:

mplayer -vop expand=640:480 file.avi

I get a nice letterbox screen with the video in
the center. However, the bottom 10 lines of the
video is not drawn correctly. This is independant
of -vo and -xineramascreen.

Mogens
Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk