[MPlayer-users] (x)mga and xineramascreen 1?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Oct 26 17:59:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> How do I get mga or xmga to display on
> the second screen (TV) on my Matrox G400 MAX card?

you can't, it's a hw limitation

there is a trick, by swapping the heads, but it requires matroxfb (NOT X)
read DOCS, matrox tvout section...

and post to the mplayer-matrox list in this topic.

> The video is 640x350. If I do:
>
> mplayer -vop expand=640:480 file.avi
>
> I get a nice letterbox screen with the video in
> the center. However, the bottom 10 lines of the
> video is not drawn correctly. This is independant
> of -vo and -xineramascreen.

-vop expand=640:480,crop=640:350:0:0

your video is probably 640:360, but display size set to 640:350 in header.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team