[MPlayer-users] Cutting up .AVI's

Emmanuel Anne emanne at absysteme.fr
Sun Oct 27 19:27:02 CET 2002

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002, gabor wrote:

> On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 18:20, Sander Smeenk wrote:
> > Why does this happen? What am I doing wrong? How am I supposed to cut
> > such a large AVI file into two parts? (w/o using VisualDub in Windows)
>
> avidemux
>
> bye,
> gabor

It's a little out of topic but : avidemux does not work with all codecs,
and it crashes easily (and it even gives me a distorted picture for the
lavc mpeg4 codec). Virtual Dub on the other hand is very stable, and
gpl. It even works in wine (but slower for me than in windows to display
frames...).
So it's your choice... !