[MPlayer-users] Cutting up .AVI's

Oeystein Olsen oystein.olsen at astro.uio.no
Sun Oct 27 22:32:02 CET 2002

On Sunday 27 October 2002 18:54, Emmanuel Anne wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Oct 2002, gabor wrote:
> > On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 18:20, Sander Smeenk wrote:
> > > Why does this happen? What am I doing wrong? How am I supposed to cut
> > > such a large AVI file into two parts? (w/o using VisualDub in Windows)
> >
> > avidemux
> >
> > bye,
> > gabor
>
> It's a little out of topic but : avidemux does not work with all codecs,
> and it crashes easily (and it even gives me a distorted picture for the
> lavc mpeg4 codec). Virtual Dub on the other hand is very stable, and
> gpl. It even works in wine (but slower for me than in windows to display
> frames...).
> So it's your choice... !

I'm using Nandub under wine.(Crossover plugin, and I had to install divx 5.02
also. ) With Nandub I create divx-movies with ac3-sound that are playable for
people with window$ also. I encode with mencoder, mux the video and
ac3-stream and cut the movie with Nandub.
--
Øystein Olsen, oystein.olsen at astro.uio.no, http://folk.uio.no/oeysteio
Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics, http://www.astro.uio.no