[MPlayer-users] xvidix report on diffrent arch.

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sun Oct 27 20:20:03 CET 2002

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 16:47:48 +0000
Balint Cristian <rezso at rdsor.ro> wrote:

> I tryed on my 300Mhz ppc ibook (aty-rage) and amazed how fast it work !
> It worked perfect.

Glad to hear.

> Unfortunately on my sparc/sparc64 linux (Ultra 10+Ati PCI) give that error:
> mplayer: relocation error: /usr/lib/libdha.so.0.1: undefined symbol: iopl

vidix was never ported to sparc, until now only IA32 (intel & co) and ppc are
supported.

> i think it improperly acces memory or something ...., in rest
> the other vo drivers on sparc work perfect.

Nah, it's trying to use something that outside of intel based systems doesnt
exsist: io ports. If you know C, could you try to port vidix to sparc ?
I think sparc/linux should work quite similar to ppc, so you could start from there.

		Attila Kinali

--
It must have been some unmarried fool that said "A child can ask questions
that a wise man cannot answer"; because, in any decent house, a brat that