[MPlayer-users] xvidix report on diffrent arch.

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Sun Oct 27 20:25:02 CET 2002

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 19:47:49 +0100 Attila Kinali <kinali at gmx.net> wrote:

> > I tryed on my 300Mhz ppc ibook (aty-rage) and amazed how fast it work
> > ! It worked perfect.
>
> Glad to hear.

Me too :)

> > Unfortunately on my sparc/sparc64 linux (Ultra 10+Ati PCI) give that
> > error: mplayer: relocation error: /usr/lib/libdha.so.0.1: undefined
> > symbol: iopl
>
> Nah, it's trying to use something that outside of intel based systems
> doesnt exsist: io ports. If you know C, could you try to port vidix to
> sparc ? I think sparc/linux should work quite similar to ppc, so you
> could start from there.

iopl's used in libdha - it should be fairly easy to use ppc port for
sparc, as sparcs are bigendian too, with a little luck just have to change
ifdef __powerpc__ to ifdef __powerpc__ || __sparc__...

But there already are things regarding sparc in libdha, so son't know...

<subliminal message>
I'll do it if anyone gives me an Ultra30 ;-)

--
Colin
Random BOFH excuse: