[MPlayer-users] newbie drowing in linux

Graeme McLaren lordmickel at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 29 02:57:02 CET 2002

Hi all, when I type gmplayer in to a prompt I get the
messages below.  Can anyone shed any light on this,
I'm completely lost.  I've got my nVidia drivers
installed. I've installed all the rpms including rpms
for the gui and skins and it just ain't working.  How
close ( or far ) am I from playing movies?

Cheers,

Graeme :)

The output messages:

[root at pc3-cani1-3-cust38 root]# gmplayer
Using GNU internationalization
Original domain: messages
Original dirname: /usr/share/locale
Current domain: mplayer
Current dirname: /usr/share/locale

MPlayer 0.90pre9-RPM-3.1 (C) 2000-2002 Arpad Gereoffy
(see DOCS)

CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon K75 Pluto,Orion
(Family: 6, Stepping: 1)
CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 0
SSE2: 0
Compiled with RUNTIME CPU Detection - warning, it's
not optimal! To get best performance, recompile
MPlayer with --disable-runtime-cpudetection
[cfg] read config file: /root/.mplayer/gui.conf
gmplayer: relocation error: gmplayer: undefined
symbol: XineramaIsActive
[root at pc3-cani1-3-cust38 root]#