[MPlayer-users] avi to avi+subtitles with mencoder

Camille Hourdeaux binoux at libertysurf.fr
Thu Oct 31 12:39:02 CET 2002

Le jeu 31/10/2002 à 12:28, gabor a écrit :
> On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 11:43, Camille Hourdeaux wrote:
> > Hi,
> > How am I supposed to call mencoder to re-encode a divx with a separate
> > .srt file to one single divx file with "integrated" subtitles?
> > (to insure interop with players that don't support .srt subtitles)
>
> are there any?
>
> bye,
> gabor

Yes, actually. My Archos portable mp3 player has the ability to read
mpeg4 streams (it has a little LCD screen and a TV output connector),
but does not know (yet...) the .sub nor the .srt format...
So I still want to keep my divx with separated .srt files, but I'd like
to re-encode them with included subtitles.
Is it possible?
Thanks!