[MPlayer-users] remote X display problem

Stefan Recksiegel sr at particle.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Sep 4 08:32:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> If I ssh from one machine to another with enabled X forwarding,
> mplayer -vo x11 -novm -nofs -ao null blabla.avi
> doesn't play the movie, but gives me an error message like
> X11 error: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)
> Aborted

can you open other windows via that ssh connection (ie. xterm/gv/...) ?
I have seen some installations where X11 forwarding was off by default,
in that case it can be enabled with ssh -X (-x: disable)

If other programs work, I would think that mplayer tries to use
some extension like Shm and this won't work over a forwarded
connection. I am not sure whether you can dynamically switch this
off, though. Did you try -vo sdl ?

Stefan