[MPlayer-users] remote X display problem

Götz Waschk waschk at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Tue Sep 3 13:01:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

there's a problem with remote X display on linux using the x11 output
driver, tested with yesterday's CVS snapshot.

If I ssh from one machine to another with enabled X forwarding,
mplayer -vo x11 -novm -nofs -ao null blabla.avi
doesn't play the movie, but gives me an error message like
X11 error: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)
Aborted

The same is working fine with two Solaris machines.

I can send you a full bug report if you are interested in this.
--
   Götz Waschk <> master of computer science  <> University of Rostock
 http://wwwtec.informatik.uni-rostock.de/~waschk/waschk.asc for PGP key