[MPlayer-users] Which vo driver to use and which options

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Wed Sep 4 20:02:01 CEST 2002

On 05 Sep 2002 19:20:55 +0200 Stephan Haller <nomad at cadoritz.de> wrote:

>     GATOS drivers work fine for me (G3 with a Rage LT Pro), you should
>     give them a try.
> As told 5 minutes ago ;) I have cancelled compiling gatos. Do not now
> what to compiled. I lost the overview. Don't want to kill my system
> again. But did you self-compile or was you using a distro containing
> gatos. I myself using the Mandrake 8.2/PPC distro.

Ok, just saw your answer :)
I self compiled. If i remember well, you have to get XFree's sources and
compile it (long, but quite straight-away if you follow the docs), then
gatos (only the ati.2 driver), which is quite straight-away too.
Perhaps Mdk 8.2 does use GATOS drivers, and they aren't as stable for R128
as they are for R64, but if it doesn't, it's really worth the try.

--
Colin
Random BOFH excuse: