[MPlayer-users] Which vo driver to use and which options

Stephan Haller nomad at cadoritz.de
Wed Sep 4 20:19:02 CEST 2002

Am Mit, 2002-09-04 um 19.40 schrieb Colin Leroy:
    [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
    On 05 Sep 2002 19:20:55 +0200 Stephan Haller <nomad at cadoritz.de> wrote:

    >     GATOS drivers work fine for me (G3 with a Rage LT Pro), you should
    >     give them a try.
    > As told 5 minutes ago ;) I have cancelled compiling gatos. Do not now
    > what to compiled. I lost the overview. Don't want to kill my system
    > again. But did you self-compile or was you using a distro containing
    > gatos. I myself using the Mandrake 8.2/PPC distro.

    Ok, just saw your answer :)
    I self compiled. If i remember well, you have to get XFree's sources and
    compile it (long, but quite straight-away if you follow the docs), then
    gatos (only the ati.2 driver), which is quite straight-away too.
    Perhaps Mdk 8.2 does use GATOS drivers, and they aren't as stable for R128
    as they are for R64, but if it doesn't, it's really worth the try.

Anything to keep an eye on if I would try it? Do you also have these
strange behaviours when using sdl driver showing the whole video
material in one colour? It's like watching an old black-and-white movie
:-( I ask because other sdl-dependent apps seems to work. (I mentioned
"seems to work" because it's nothing visual.)

How to find out that gatos is already running?

    --
    Colin
    Random BOFH excuse: