[MPlayer-users] ChunkID mismatches with Sony DV file

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Sep 6 02:11:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > > Reading INDEX block, 13837 chunks for 13837 frames
> > > Broken chunk?  chunksize=0  (id=idx1)
> >
> > looks like OpenDML extended AVI format with broken normal (od-style) index
> > wmp uses the odml index so it works, but mplayer uses teh old style idnex
> > which seems to be broken
> >
> Are you saying the movie file index is broken or mplayer's ability to read
> it?
the file has 2 kind of index, old type and opendml type.
the old type is probably broken in the file, but as wmp and most windows
players uses the opendml index (if available) it plays.
mplayer doesn't support opendml yet. maybe try with -forceidx

> If the problem could be with mplayer I am willing to help fix the code.
feel free to implement opendml support...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team