[MPlayer-users] freetype questions

Götz Waschk waschk at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Fri Sep 6 11:55:02 CEST 2002

Am Freitag,  6. September 2002, 11:26:35 Uhr MET, schrieb gabor:
> i asked only because i installed freetype2.1, compiled mplayer, used
> mplayer, forgot-about-freetype-problem-and-installed-again-freetype2.0,
> used mplayer and it worked :-))
>
> but i'm using mandrake-freetype packages, so they can be patched ones
> :-))
>
> maybe i should ask mandrake to upgrade to freetype2.1..
They will upgrade to 2.1 after the release of Mandrake 9.0. There were
incompatibilities between freetype 2.1 and OpenOffice.org, that's why
they are still at 2.0.9.

Anyway, you can use my Mandrake package of MPlayer, it has been
patched for building with freetype 2.0.9, as it works for me.

So MPlayer developers, please ignore freetype bug reports from
Mandrake users for now.
--
   Götz Waschk <> master of computer science  <> University of Rostock
 http://wwwtec.informatik.uni-rostock.de/~waschk/waschk.asc for PGP key