[MPlayer-users] freetype questions

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Fri Sep 6 12:02:01 CEST 2002

On Friday, 06 September 2002, Götz Waschk wrote:
> Am Freitag,  6. September 2002, 11:26:35 Uhr MET, schrieb gabor:
> > i asked only because i installed freetype2.1, compiled mplayer, used
> > mplayer, forgot-about-freetype-problem-and-installed-again-freetype2.0,
> > used mplayer and it worked :-))
> >
> > but i'm using mandrake-freetype packages, so they can be patched ones
> > :-))
> >
> > maybe i should ask mandrake to upgrade to freetype2.1..
> They will upgrade to 2.1 after the release of Mandrake 9.0. There were
> incompatibilities between freetype 2.1 and OpenOffice.org, that's why
> they are still at 2.0.9.
>
> Anyway, you can use my Mandrake package of MPlayer, it has been
> patched for building with freetype 2.0.9, as it works for me.

Could you send me this patch? RH 7.3 comes with 2.0.9, too.
Freetype support is not built into the official packages by default,
but I'd like to try it out anyway.

BTW: I thought ft 2.0.9 doesn't have this problem, does it?

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/