[MPlayer-users] Matrox G400 TV out problem

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sun Sep 8 02:30:02 CEST 2002

On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 12:53:06PM -0600, Jay Graves wrote:
> Thanks
> using matroxset 2 gets the image to display on my (ntsc) TV screen, but
> I still have the problem of the overscanning.  I have plade with the
> resolutions in the matroxtv script, but it doesnt seem to change
> anything.
>
> again the image on my TV is overscanned vertically and only takes up
> about 2/3 the screen horizontally.

The fb modes included are for PAL TV. You need NTSC ones. Here's what
I use:

mode "ntsc"
    geometry 640 240 640 240 16
    timings 79443 72 40 15 5 48 3
endmode

mode "ntscl"
    geometry 640 480 640 480 16
    timings 79443 72 40 30 10 48 5
    laced true
endmode

I can't promise they'll work for you, but I use them successfully with
my G200 and custom VGA to NTSC converter hardware (which doesn't mess
with the sync timing -- it just does colorspace conversion and color
carrier modulation). "ntsc" is 640x240 non-interlaced, and "ntscl" is
640x480 interlaced.

Rich