[MPlayer-users] 1 st installation

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sun Sep 8 19:37:02 CEST 2002

On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 11:04:17AM +0200, Andrés Hermida wrote:
> Hi, I'm relatively new to linux and I've downloaded the source with the
> tar.tar extension and I don't know how to unzip it. I've tried tar but it

I saw some bogus file named MPlayer-0.90pre7.tar.tar or something
similar floating around, so perhaps you got this. My suggestion would
be to either try to figure out what it is with the file command and
rename it to something that's not nonsense, or else rm it and download
a nonbogus copy from MPlayerHQ.

Rich