[MPlayer-users] SP5x codec - used by Aiptek MegaCam

s.g.b s.g.b at gmx.de
Sun Sep 8 22:28:02 CEST 2002

hi all

i am new to this list - so please excuse me if this question is asked again...
i happilie noticed that the codec for my aiptek-videos is now supported
with MPlayer-0.90pre7!
But after installing the new version, i am still not able to play this kind
of movies. i have copyed the codecs.conf to the right location, but all i got
is:

-------------------------------->8----------------------------------------
Opening video decoder: [vfw] Win32/VfW video codecs
VDec: vo config request - 320 x 240 (preferred csp: Packed YUY2)
[PP] Using codec's postprocessing, max q = 9
VDec: using BGR 24-bit as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
VO: [xv] 320x240 => 320x240 BGR 24-bit
ICDecompressQuery failed: Error -2
ICDecompressBegin failed: Error -2
Detected video codec: [sp5x] vfm:vfw (SP5x codec - used by Aiptek MegaCam)
Audio: no sound!!!
Start playing...
Error decompressing frame, err=-2
Error decompressing frame, err=-20%
a black window appears... and thats all!

i have got the sp5x_32.dll from my windows/system directory because i have
not found it in w32codec-0.60.tar.bz2 or w32codec-diff-0.50-0.60.tar.bz2! i
am not sure if this is okay. i ever thought that the dll`s in /usr/lib/win32
are patched somehow.
so, does anyone knows what i am doing wrong, or where i can get the right
p5x_32.dll?

thank you in advance
georg