[MPlayer-users] VobSub Delay badly needed!!

Green, Shaun Shaun.Green at msfc.nasa.gov
Mon Sep 9 00:11:02 CEST 2002

First off thanks for the wonderful MPlayer code that allowed me to rip the
subtitles in Vobsub format!

I now have a movie fully converted into 3 avi files in DivX 5 form with AC3
audio, to fit on 3 CD's. But I have only two vobsub files for the whole
movie length (one .sub file and one .idx file).

The first section plays fine with the subs. But of course the second and
third sections need a time offset. The "time offset:" parameter doesn't
appear work at all with MPlayer. The "delay: " parameter only works with the
"+" sign. I need to delay: -value for this to work.

How do I break the Vobsub files into the right sections to correspond with
the three avi files??

For now I'll have to use the Windoze box to delay subs :( which is
ridiculous.

Thanks,
shaun.green at msfc.nasa.gov