[MPlayer-users] Problem to convert divx to vcd.

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Tue Sep 10 03:05:02 CEST 2002

> I try to convert with mencoder 0.90pre6-2.95.4 divx to vcd.
>
> I use this line:
> mencoder in.avi -o out.mpg -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg1video -oac mp3lame
>
> but when I try to make the vcd filesystem with the utility mkvcdfs i have:
>
> mkvcdfs out.mpg
> Copying file out.mpg
> ... this is not an MPEG system stream, starts with 0x52494646
> Fatal Error --- exiting
>
> Any suggestion?
>
> Thanks, Gianni.

First off, mencoder is an AVI creation tool at this time, it DOES NOT create an MPG only file.  If that is what you want, check out the file TOOLS/mencvcd.  You will need to have MJPEGtools installed as well I believe, this should be somewhere in TFM if it isn't already (haven't looked for this in particular lately myself).

/S. Smith