[MPlayer-users] Re: OGMtools 0.92 released

Rémi Guyomarch rguyom at pobox.com
Sat Sep 14 18:35:09 CEST 2002

On Sat, Sep 14, 2002 at 12:45:21PM +0200, Moritz Bunkus wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> Time for a new release: 0.92. Its main features are a new application,
> ogmsplit, that replaces the buggy, slow and inaccurate ogmsplit.pl,
> support for MP3 sound and a lot of bug fixes. As always, get it at
> http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/ogmtools/index.html
[...]

Many thanks Moritz ! Let me say that you're doing a great job at
supporting the OGG/OGM format :) Since 0.8 I've used ogmtools as a
great replacement of AVI and I'm very happy with it.
Since I'm doing multi-lingual DVD rips which should be playable on
Windows, the combination of the superior ogg audio format (compared to
mp3), the ease of putting more than one audio track in an OGM and the
fact that OggDS integrate very nicely on Windows makes ogmtools a
really great tool for post-processing mencoder output !

Even for single-lingual videos, OGM is way superior to AVI :-)

--
Rémi