[MPlayer-users] Where is the S3 Savage4 driver?

Alessandro Selli dhatarattha at libero.it
Sat Sep 14 23:56:01 CEST 2002

  Hello,
  	I read in the MPlayer-0.90pre7/DOCS/video.html file the following:

NOTE: Savage cards have a slow YV12 image displaying capability (it needs to
do YV12 to YUY2 conversion, because the Savage hardware can't display YV12).
So when this documentation says at some point "this has YV12 output use this,
it's faster", it's not sure. Try _this driver_, it uses MMX2 for this task and
is faster than the native X driver.

_this driver_ is a link to:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/contrib/Savage-driver/savage_drv.o.mmx2.bz2

but the file does not exist on the server.  I did a search on google for
"savage_drv.o.mmx2.bz2" and I found this:

http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2002-July/018003.html

> DOCS/video.html and http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/video.html#2.3.1.2.2 both
> contain the URL for the driver:
>
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/contrib/Savage-driver/savage_drv.o.mmx2.bz2
>
> But this file doesn't exist! Is there a change of finding it somewhere?

Arpi (or Gabu?), did you remove that folder or forget to add it?

> Thanks

Best Regards,
        Atmos

  followed by this reply:
http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2002-July/018022.html

Felix Buenemann didn't RTFM :
> > http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/contrib/Savage-driver/savage_drv.o.mmx2=
.bz2
> Arpi (or Gabu?), did you remove that folder or forget to add it?
I already asked Arpi several times to move that file from my $HOME to its
place.. Guess you'll have to mailbomb him. :)

BTW, that binary is MMX2, we'd also need a binary for MMX+3DNow

--=20
Gabucino

  So, people, did you forget about that drive?  Or did you put it somewhere
else?

  Thank you for considering this,

  Sandro

--