[MPlayer-users] Timed recording?

GD Lewis gdltek1 at dfnow.com
Sun Sep 15 18:48:02 CEST 2002

Suppose I am using mplayer to dump a stream from a server, like for a
online radio or something like that...

Is there anyway that I can set it so that it will automatically
terminate based on a certain condition?

For example, run for 1 hour, then quit; or run until the dumpfile
reaches 100MB, then quit.

Something of that sort.  I know I could throw this in a shell wrapper
script with a timer implementation, but I was hoping there was a way to
do it within mplayer itself.

Also, if the feed stops, will mplayer automatically exit?

Thanks for any suggestions or feedback!

:-)

--
Grant D. Lewis
Running Gentoo Linux kernel 2.4.19-r7 on a GenuineIntel i686

"Those who define new paradigms for the world are often considered
strange at first"