[MPlayer-users] X freeze only with 0.9pre7

Sala Riccardo sala.rky at tiscali.it
Mon Sep 16 19:35:02 CEST 2002

I'm using MPlayer since 0.17 version and I had never found a bug/problem, Good!
But, when I' had upgraded from 0.90pre6 to 0.90pre7 I finally had a horrible problem.
When I'm playng an avi or a vob with -vo xv and I switch to full screen my Xfree freeeze,
I have to kill it from another computer on my net because I can't switch to console.
When I kill and restart, from a remote shell the server everythins go well, but If I try
to play another video then I've another crash, and so on. I think it is an mplayer crash
because if I use the 0.90pre6 everithings go well. I've tryed all the previous release
(on the same machine) and I've never had this problem. With the other video driver I've
tested (x11, xvidx, gl) there was no problem.
Really, in the previous release: pre6 there is a little problem: when I switch from full
screen to window and from window to full screen, sometimes there is a big blue strip
in the upper side of video or window but If I press f two or more times then it desappear.

What can I do? I'm not a programmer.
Sorry, sorry, sorry for my english, only I hope that you had understand something!
Thanks.

My system:
Distr.:
	 SuSE Linux 8.0 UPDATED/Pathed! (kernel , XFree ecc. ecc.)

Kernel:
	Linux illen 2.4.18 #5 mar lug 30 11:35:39 CEST 2002 i686 unknown
	(is a 2.4.18 vanilla + latest ACPI patch)

Libc:
	glibc-2.2.5-38

Server X:
XFree86 Version 4.2.0 / X Window System
Release Date: 23 January 2002
        If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is
        newer than the above date, look for a newer version before
        reporting problems.  (See http://www.XFree86.Org/)
Build Operating System: SuSE Linux [ELF] SuSE
Module Loader present

Gcc / ld :
	gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (SuSE)
	GNU ld version 2.11.92.0.10 20011021 (SuSE)

Window manager:
	kde 3.0.2 (compiled by SuSE no by me)

CPU (AMD Athlon Thunderbird):
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 4
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 756.740
cache size      : 256 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips        : 1510.6

Video card:
	Ati Xpert 2000 AGP (I think it's made by Ati itself!)
	Chipset ATI Rage 128 Pro PF (AGP) - 16MB SDRAM AGP 4x

Video driver:
	DRI from XFree 4.2.0
	kernel module: r128

Sound card: