[MPlayer-users] X freeze only with 0.9pre7

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Sep 17 02:22:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> to play another video then I've another crash, and so on. I think it is an
such crash usualy mean driver bug - an userspace app can't make your console
hang...

> mplayer crash
> because if I use the 0.90pre6 everithings go well. I've tryed all the

strange.
i've checked the vo_xv.c changes, nothing special.

are you using --disable-new-input when compiling?
if yes, try pre6 wihtout it. mayeb it will crash too then.

also there were a patch to clear screen when switching to fullscreen - may
trigger a driver bug.

> What can I do? I'm not a programmer.

try to get each version of vo_xv.c from CVS, and test it, and tell me which
version introduced the problem.

> Video card:
> 	Ati Xpert 2000 AGP (I think it's made by Ati itself!)
> 	Chipset ATI Rage 128 Pro PF (AGP) - 16MB SDRAM AGP 4x
>
> Video driver:
> 	DRI from XFree 4.2.0
> 	kernel module: r128

are you using std XF driver or GATOS ?