[MPlayer-users] fastest way to use cropdetect

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Sep 17 17:12:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> can anyone tell me the fastest way to use cropdetect, either with mplayer
> or mencoder? initally i thought using -vo null would be fastest, but,
> understandably i suppose, the filter has no effect. Apart from just using

try -vo null -vop cropdetect,format=yv12
by default for -vo null the 'mpegpes' format (compressed mpeg passthru) is
selected for mpeg files and then you can't use the filter.

actually it's a bug (the cropdetect filter should check if the csp is
supported, anyway it supports most formats) i'll fix.

also, to speed it up, try -ss 500 -frames 250 -nosound -benchmark
it'll scan a 10sec part at 500s (should be representative enough, if you're
paranoid (and patient :)) you can scan the whole movie...).

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team