[MPlayer-users] Off-Topic- tv card question/problem

Steven Adeff adeffs at rpi.edu
Wed Sep 25 18:13:02 CEST 2002

hey all, this is sorta off topic but I figure with the number of users here
with tv cards it was worth asking the question:
I'm getting a really bad hum from my tvcard on the audio when i plug my cable
line in. I'm guessing its from a ground loop or something somewhere, except
that none of the tv's in my apartment have the problem. I'm thinking it might
be something to do with my computer/powersupply/ups power but I don't know.
My question is, has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to fix
it/trouble shoot it?

Its a Hauppauge PCI card, one of the older ones, but it does have stereo and
s-video.

thanks!

--
Steven Adeff