[MPlayer-users] Trouble compiling live.com with mplayer

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Sep 25 23:59:01 CEST 2002

> I download and compiled the LIVE.COM Streaming Media Libraries with no
> problem and put them in /usr/local/lib.  mplayer's configure properly
> detected their presence with --enable-live.  I compiled and installed
> mplayer, and mplayer says
>
> RTSP protocol support requires the "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" libraries!
>
> when I try to call it with an RTSP address.
>
> Any hints on how to troubleshoot this?  It doesn't seem to be well
mayeb you're running other mplayer binary?
if configure detected it, and you compiled with that generated config.h,
then it's _impossible_ to print that message.

> documented with the mplayer docs.  Would this be more appropriately

it's documented on the live.com site, by Ross.
i don't even can caompile it, don't expect us to document too...

> addressed to the -dev list?
NO!

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team