[MPlayer-users] Re: Trouble compiling live.com with mplayer

Adam Kessel adam at bostoncoop.net
Thu Sep 26 00:52:02 CEST 2002

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 05:25:57PM -0400, Adam Kessel wrote:
> I download and compiled the LIVE.COM Streaming Media Libraries with no
> problem and put them in /usr/local/lib.  mplayer's configure properly
> detected their presence with --enable-live.  I compiled and installed

I figured out the problem, thanks to Arpi's message.

I was compiling using dpkg-buildpackage, which re-runs configure with no
command-line options, so my option of --enable-live etc. was overwritten!
Now rtsp: works.

Apparently, though, there is rtsp can't deliver content to the realplayer
codecs?  e.g.,, you can't use mplayer compiled with rtsp and realplayer
codecs as a replacement for the realplayer for streaming video/audio?
---
Adam Kessel (adam at bostoncoop.net)