[MPlayer-users] fullscreen

Chris Snyder chris at psydeshow.org
Mon Sep 30 17:24:03 CEST 2002

Samuel Liddicott wrote:

>When people read "fullscreen" they are thinking of the picture, not the
>border, so they naturally expect the picture to fill the screen, and are
>surprised when only the border does.  Which is possibly even more surprising
>if they are using SDL video output.
>
>We've seen this confusion often enough here, what I say should be obvious
>(and perhaps is).

No way-- I use fullscreen for the border all the time. The best thing
about mplayer is that you can get it to do *exactly* what you need it to
do. If you need full screen + zoom, then specify that on the command
line. There's no need to consolidate these options.

Get past the learning curve and you'll love it too!