OT about ATI cards Re: [MPlayer-users] Two graphicscards..

gabor gabor at realtime.sk
Mon Sep 30 21:39:02 CEST 2002

On Mon, 2002-09-30 at 16:43, Anders Rune Jensen wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Oct 2002 14:55:36 +0200
> Dexter Filmore <Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de> wrote:

> > Ok, here some info about ATI cards from somebody who unfortunately purchased
>                                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> What have you been smoking? ;) I have a Radeon 8500 aka. r200 that
> works perfect in mplayer (xvideo) and runs 250+fps in q3 :)

wow! finally someone with a radeon which has hardware-3d :-))))..

could you please tell me/us your experiences?

does it work properly with xvideo output? what about vidix?

and i'm really interested in 3d.... now that ati provides drivers for
the 8500, do you use those or some opensource drivers? are the
opensource drivers the same performance?

i'm asking because i bought a geforce4, but if radeon8500 is good-enough
+ fast-enough + opensource-enough i might want to switch :-)

thanks,
gabor

--
That's life for you, said McDunn.  Someone always waiting for someone
who never comes home.  Always someone loving something more than that