[MPlayer-users] Getting the GUI version to work

Philip Sinfield p.sinfield at qut.edu.au
Thu Apr 3 04:27:56 CEST 2003

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to post this query!

I think MPlayer is great - it's the only player that I have been able to
get to run reliably on my Laptop (RedHat 8) straight from compilation.
Well done developers!

Flushed with success I tried the GUI version.  It compiled ok with the
--emable-gui option to the configure file and I made the link as set out
in the documentation.  The GUI version runs (albeit with a font error
because I haven't installed subtitle fonts!) but when I try and load a
file to run I get the following:
"Fatal error!  -- Error opening/initializing the selected video_out
(-vo) device"

I am mystified. I am using an Intel830M video card and the command line
version works fine and doesn't complain.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

--
Philip Sinfield
Cert CivEng - QIT; BAppSc(Comp), MIT - QUT; MACS