[MPlayer-users] Subject: rc5 audio tests w/ surround 5.1 + 6 channels + alsa 0.9.2

Hugo Ferreira hmf at netvisao.pt
Sat Apr 5 12:31:01 CEST 2003

Vladimir,

I have some additional information: whilst perusing the liba52 mailing list I
found an interesting response. One of the correspondents (looked like a
developer) said that the AC-3 is encoded with what is equivalent to a 31+
frame rate. This seems to agree with my experience. Sound always moves ahead
of the video, and does this continuously.

This does not explain why:
1. When downmixing, the sound is synced,
2. When jumping backwards and forwards, the channels seem to switch to the
wrong outputs.

Vladimir, and anyone else, is there a way to substitute the current A52
decoder with another one? I would like to do this to confirm that liba52
decoding could be the culprit.

Thanx,
Hugo.