[MPlayer-users] too many audio packets in the buffer?

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Mon Apr 7 07:29:56 CEST 2003

Dave Botsch wrote:
> Hi. I am trying to play a vcd that is in a .nrg file (I was impressed,
> btw, when mplayer successfully played a dvd image in a .nrg file). But,
> anyway, with this VCD .nrg, it fails with the following error:
>
> Too many audio packets in the buffer: (3681 in 8388746 bytes).
> Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed?
> For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.
>
> Any clues/hints?
>
> Thnx!

When this happens with a DVD, it usually means that the audio stream
isn't correctly detected, and you have to use -aid 128 or -aid 129.

With a VCD, it might be the same problem, but I don't know what aid
numbers you'd use. Try using mplayer -v on one of the files you know to
work, and search for a line like this:
==> Found audio stream: 128
Then try using that stream number, and then that number + 1, and -1,
etc.

-Corey