[MPlayer-users] garbled screen with Matrox fb TV out after watching a movie

Jon Burgess mplayer at jburgess.uklinux.net
Mon Apr 7 21:08:53 CEST 2003

Michael D. Spiceland wrote:
> I can hit CNTL-ALT-Fkey to go to another virtual terminal and then go
> back to the one I was on and it corrects itself.  I want a way to
> correct it without doing this.

I did a patch to the Vesa output to make it do all its output on a new
VT and then switch back afterwards. This makes X redraw its display
correctly for me. I expect something similar could be done with the fb
output driver as well (the hooks into the Vesa driver are simply a call
to open and close the VT). The patch needs a bit more work as it seems
to interact badly with the keyboard controls but it might get you started.

	Jon