[MPlayer-users] How can I generate multi-track divx files ?

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Tue Apr 8 22:54:25 CEST 2003

Maximilien wrote:
> Hi there !
>
> I tried finding a guide to encoding two (or more) sound tracks in a
> single divx avi file and I really found nothing. For the moment, I
> bundle a separate mp3 file with the movie but I guess there are
> "cleaner" ways to do this.
>
> I saw advises about using ogm as it seems quite good for the
> encapsulation and the sound compression but I have no ogmtools (BTW I am
> using Mac OS X).
>
> I also would like to know more about ogm files and tools.
>
> If some of you have advices and/or URLs for both of the topics I would
> like to study a bit, please tell me.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help, and please forgive if the answers are
> straightforward as I have really done my best to find by myself.
>
> Maximilien.

Ogmtools can be found here:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/ogmtools/index.html

The author, Moritz Bunkus, subscribes to this list, too. :)

There was a discussion of the merits of the OGM container a while back.
You can read it here:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2003-February/thread.html#29137
(the thread is called "lavc-Options for *BEST* quality?"), and OGM stuff
starts partway through.

-Corey